Murugappa Polytechnic College was started in August 1957, as a Government aided polytechnic by AMM Charities Trust in the memory of Dewan Bahadur AM Murugappa Chettiar. The Institution is situated on a 12.5 hectares campus in the western part of Chennai on the Chennai - Tiruvallore High Road and is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu State Board of Technical Education.
To be a World Class Institution by imparting Quality Education & Training of International Standards in Engineering and Technology through Continuous Improvement, Team Work, Growth and Innovation.
To be a World Class institution by imparting Quality Education & Training of International Standards in Engineering and Technology through continuous improvement, team work, growth and innovation.
To offer competency based and environmentally sound Technical Education and Training services to qualified students, and employed adults through diversified courses delivered in a variety of modes.
With the concept of Global Village after liberalization and globalization, our country India has become one of the most sought after destinations by many Multi National Companies for investment. The rapid growth in various fields of Engineering and Technology
Murugappa Polytechnic College was established in the year 1957, started with Civil, Mechanical and Electrical and Electronics Engineering Courses. Regular Diploma Course in Civil Engineering was started in the year 1957.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 1986. This Department has all the necessary to carve a successful Computer Engineer of an international standard. The department develops the software for the Examination
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 1957. Sandwich Diploma Course in Electrical and Electronics Engineering started in 1971. Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Regular). Electrical and Electronics...
Electronics and Communication Engineering Sandwich course was started with G.O.I support in the year 1981.Diploma course in Electronics and Communication Engineering Regular was started in the year 2003. Computer lab for Electronics
The CAD lab of the Mechanical Engineering Department is equipped with 36 no’s of Computers to support the AutoCAD software and networked. The Lab also equipped with CBT on Machine Drawing ,AutoCAD and Pro-E wildfire Software. The CIM Lab
Department of Tool & Die Making was established in 1996 to offer 3 ½ years Sandwich Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering (Tool & Die) under World Bank Assistance. This course develops technicians in the specialized area of Tool and Die Making to meet
A 3 1/2 years sandwich diploma programme in electronics (Robotics) was started in 2003 as a self financing diploma programme. This programme develops technicians in the specialized area of flexible manufacturing system and automation to meet